AJAX Introduction : What is Ajax How it Works - Benefits of Ajax
What is Ajax How it Works ?
Ajax is a Client side web technique.
- AJAX is not a new programming language, but a new way to use existing standards with DOM manipulating.
- Without AJAX, traditional web page takes a longer time to finishing round trip process for getting a data form the server. So it's time-consuming process even if small changes are in web page, entire web page reload.
- In a traditional web page you can't update small portion without reloading page. So here Ajax is help us to background server calls for fetching data and update new contain without reloading page.
- AJAX is a type of programming made popular in 2005 by Google (with Google Suggest).
Without/With using Ajax:
Let's take one example we have a website for user management system.
Without Ajax, Whenever we want to access account, we press login link. New login page open and enter username, password, and login successfully. It's time consuming process, inefficient for only small amount data(Login page) exchange required.
Ajax behind Process (How to Work Ajax)
HTML/CSS is website markup language for defining web page layout, such as fonts style and colors.
Document Object Model
Document Object Model (DOM) method provides a tree structure as a logical view of web page.
Benefits of Ajax
- Using AJAX you can create better, faster, and more user-friendly web applications.
- Ajax behavior and works is like a desktop application. So Ajax use for creating a rich web application.